Superior Motorcycle Rental | Independent GPS Tours | Fully Guided Tours | Club/group Tours
Find your freedom the South Pacific way! Hire from our large fleet of high quality latest model and low-mileage Triumph, BMW, Suzuki, Honda, Royal Enfield and Harley-Davidson motorbikes for reliable and safe road touring throughout New Zealand. Choose from motorcycle rental, a self-guided tour by GPS, or a fully guided tour. Our professional 100% New Zealand owned family business is based near Christchurch, South Island - gateway to the glorious Southern Alps and your ticket to pure motorcycle heaven. We have agents in Queenstown and Auckland, a too. Our mission is to provide motorcyclists from all around the world with an unsurpassed motorcycle touring experience that's unique, memorable, safe, and the best in New Zealand.
- Rental Only - hire one of the best bikes in New Zealand and go your own way;
- GPS Self-guided Tours - ride independently with the support of a GPS taking you to your lodgings via all the hot-spots and best biking roads;
- Fully-guided - join one of our Premier fully guided motorcycle tours or let us organise your group or club tour
New Zealand is a clean, unpolluted english-speaking small country with wonderful unspoilt landscapes of unbelievable natural scenic beauty, with warm, friendly people like us to safely show you the way. By motorcycle, New Zealand's twin islands provide an adventure beyond imagination, and the South Island, with it's glorious Southern Alps to play in, is surely the 'Motorcycle Mecca' of the Southern Hemisphere.
South Pacific Motorcycle Tours specialise in providing riders with a unique motorcycle trip of a lifetime on New Zealand's thrilling roads, with activity and lodging options of multiple budget levels.
We're totally dedicated to providing the very best New Zealand has to offer. Since 2003 we've been the leading the way with motorcycle rental and tours to discerning motorcyclists from around the world. We l
ive and breathe all things motorbike, so not only will you receive a professional service, but also a friendly and knowledgeable one. South Pacific Motorcycle Tours meet strict government-controlled standards and environmental criteria to ensure your safety.
What's the South Pacific difference?
Recent Testimonial - John - Yellowknife, Canada
- Unique, personal service
- Motorcycles kitted out with luggage specifically for your needs;
- Motorcycles that are safe, reliable, and immaculately presented on every hire
- Near-new, low-mileage bikes that have never been off-road, all individually named!
- Start your ride on a traffic-free road
- Qualified on-site mechanics
- Complimentary Christchurch/SPMT Base transfers
- Excellent facilities - packing tables, under-cover reception, tea/coffee/ shower, luggage storage, off-site parking
- If it all sounds too good to be true, go to Tripadvisor for completely unbiased customer reviews, or one of our international ambassadors who are past customers from your own country.
"A friend and I had the pleasure of renting two bikes from South Pacific Motorcycle Tours earlier this month. I have rented motorcycles all over the world and have never experienced such exceptional service and quality machinery. The owners of this family run business— Mike & Carole—are as friendly and helpful as any on the planet.
The motorcycles were in superlative shape, and we had no difficulties in our nine days of riding the South Island of New Zealand. I can’t think of a better place to ride motorcycles anywhere on the planet! We were on an unguided tour with just the two of us, each on separate bikes. We had no knowledge of the South Island and greatly appreciated all the little details that were prearranged. The bikes’ GPS were programmed including great places for fuel and lunch, as well as our destination hotel each night. All lodging was arranged. All side trips including fly fishing and boat tours were organized and prepaid. They took all the pain out of traveling in a new country. I’ve never experienced this level service anywhere! My great thanks for a wonderful motorcycle vacation!"