Follow us on Facebook
to see all of our news and offers!
THE SPMT BLOG - by Carole Lester (Owner/Director)
Our Operations Manager Kim recently spoke to Jim from Adventure Rider Radio and was interviewed for their Podcast! What a fantastic way to spread the word to like-minded bikers and encourage more visitors to Ride New Zealand and Live the Dream! Click Here
and check out the Interview. Adventure Rider Radio is the most listened-to motorcycle poscast in the world and we're proud to be part of such an awesome community. Cheers guys!
New travel rules for New Zealand
The New Zealand Government has introduced a new travel requirement for some visitors and transit passengers. It’s called the NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) and travellers need to request theirs via the official mobile app or website. Approval can take up to 72 hours, so get yours before you go.
The NZeTA is required for travel from 1 October 2019.
Visit immigration.govt.nz/nzeta to find out if you need one.
- Another fantastic Season and the bikes are tucked up in the warm. We have two incredible Fully Guided Tours booked for 2020 and are excited to indroduce our Burt Munro Challenge Fully Guided Tour which will be a regular Tour each year! Our Friend John Munro (Burt's Son!) has given us his endorsement for the tour and has worked with us to ensure the best experience for our South Pacific Motorcycle Tours clients. February 2020!
- We have new ladies joining us no the fleet when the weather heats up, the new BMW F750GS, BMW F850GS, BMW R1250GS and BMW R1250GT! Well someone has to run in the new bikes! We are all very excited for the new toys to arrive.
- New Zealand is still top of the list of countries to visit and we couldnt agree more. Spectacular Scenery, Incredibly biking roads and our attractive faces, what more could you ask for! We love meeting new bikers and hope everyone leaves feeling like family. Come visit us and we'll show you!
- Winter is coming! Although things have slowed down a little here at SPMT due to the Winter creeping in New Zealand, we are still busy taking bookings for clients for the end of 2018, start of 2019 and even 2020 already!
- David our awesome Worhsop Manager went bike shopping and got his hands on two brand new BMW F700GS' and one new BMWF800, exciting! We like to keep our fleet with the best late model bikes to make sure you are getting the best quality riding experience here in the Southern Hemisphere!
- Brrrrr!! It's getting chilly here in New Zealand and our ladies are tucked up inside in the warm as this season comes to an end. And what a FANTASTIC season it was! We met so many incredible bikers who we now call friends! We made some incredible memories on our Fully Guided Tours and had many happy return customers come back to join us for more GPS tours and Rentals, AWESOME!
- ONE Fully Guided Tour for 2019 to rule them all! You heard correct, in 2019 we will only be running ONE Special Fully Guided Tour only, our 16 Day Southern Alps Spectacular. And boy have we packed in the best of the best! Included are some fantastic activities and stunning locations as well as special evening dinners and much much more!
- David is busy checking out new bikes to add to our fleet for next season so watch this space for new additions!
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! Where has 2017gone?! We've been so busy with our tours and rentals, buying bikes, selling bikes, and generally having a ball. We've had visitors from all over the world and 2018 looks promising to be our best year ever. We welcome new Queenstown Agents Ana and Pico to the fold. Situated in Frankton close to Queenstown Airport, we know you will be well looked after if you are picking up or dropping off a bike in this region.
- More bikes! With now over 30 vehicles on the fleet there's got to be something here for you. The Bonneville T100s are proving to be extremely popular and we now have three
- Our GPS Tours are definitely the star of the show and proving to be the way to go for discerning motorcyclists who want to see the very best of NZ but may not have the time to research, design and book. That's what we do!
- Talkiing of Tours, our special Omaka 'Warbirds' Tour with Australian Motorcyclist Magazine in April 2017 was an amazing success, huge thanks to The Bear Peter Thoeming for the superb editorial in the mag following the tour. If you're interested in joining our fabulous Warbirds Over Wanaka Fully Guided Tour for Easter 2018 there are still a few places, but be quick!
- NEW TOURS FOR 2019 - We're announcing a fabulous 12 Day Fully Guided Tour which will take place in January and March 2019. If you're interested please express your interest now, as we are always fully booked and it's always a first-come, first-served basis. Our Tour Guides, are OUR Tour Guides and we keep our tour groups fairly small (no more than 10 bikes usually). These tours will encapsulate everything that is uniquely 'UnZud' - our Kiwi, pengins and albatross, our fine wines and fresh cuisine, our rainforests, glaciers, lakes and mountains. All these iconic features are all to be found in the South,where our spectacular Alps spine the whole island, and yours for riding! So we're sticking to the Beautiful South which is what we specialise in.
- QUALITY IS REMEMBERED LONG AFTER THE PRICE IS FORGOTTEN! Be wary of competitors who are either not based in the South Island, or do not even have a presence in New Zealand at all! Ask about the age and quality of your chosen motorcycle, ask to see photos! Did you know that ALL our motorcycles have names? Each one is special to us, as it will be special to you. Our company offers a unique, five-star personal approach to service, regardless of whether you're just hiring for a few days, or on a three-week Day Luxury Bespoke Tour.
- Ride New Zealand ... Live The Dream ..... see you soon!
- We welcome Kim Johnston to the fold as Client Services Manager, and she's already doing a fantastic job, in fact our forward bookings are 3 times that of this time last year!
- We've designed our November Fully Gudied Tours around US Thanksgiving this year - so come on you guys, join us on our fabulous 8 or 15 day tour in November, you won't regret it!
- More tours than ever going forward, and our January 2018 is just about full!
- We are already preparing for our special Warbirds over Wanaka Tour for Easter 2018 - don't delay if you're interested
- We would like to say a special thanks to Tracy & Rob from Carbon Garage, and Yamaha Central in Queenstown for being such great agents, without them we could not provide you all with such great service!
- The new bikes have arrived and looking good, and being booked up fast.
- We have also just taken delivery of a very nice looking Royal Enfield Classic 500 in a beautiful Tan with Red emblem, and we've called her 'Katie', a very apt right royal name eh.
- The special Easter Tour 2017 is filling up nicely, Mike and I can't wait to do this tour it's going to be such a blast.
"Hi everyone. Well, July was our best month ever for sales, so all I can say, is, if you are thinking of hiring a new or reliable motorcycle between October and May - do it now!.
Are turning up everywhere. Mike spotted a good deal on a beautiful BMW GTL and a new Harley-Davidson Ultra recently and snapped them both up. And currently underoing their pre-delivery inspection are 2 x R1200GSWs, 2 x R1200RTS, and a trully thrilling S1000XR! There are more bikes to come and I just can't keep up!
We're absolutely thrilled to announce that 'The Bear' Peter Thoeming, famous Editor and Pied Piper of Australian Motorcyclist Magazine, will be joining us on the Adventure of a Lifetime next Easter 2017 for our special 10 Day Omaka Classic Fighters Tour. We've already got members of the 'Bear Army' clambering to their computers for their preferred bikes, so don't be disappointed if you don't get the exact bike you want for this trip! Mike Lester and yours truly will be joining the tour too in addition to other guides, wouldn't miss this one for anything!
New Website & Online Booking Buttons
Although we like to think of our company as 'cool old school' we just have to keep up with new technology and digital marketing, and so we've invested in a brand new website. Many Riders know our reputation, know what they want to book, and don't have the time to spend chatting via email. So we've created an Online booking button, wait for it, not just for rentals, but we've also developed a fabulous way of booking GPS Tours and Fully Guided Rental. We have a fabulous Rental Vehicle Management system and have developed a way of integrating the Online booking system with this, and we are extremely happy as we can now better assist those customers need questions answered and those customers who dont.
Seem to be overtaking our rental sales just at the moment - and who can blame interested clients. We upload our expertise onto one of our Garmin Zumo Waterproof 550/660 GPSs - all you have to do is Plug-in and Ride into Paradise.
"Hi everyone - Well, what an amazingly superb tour our Warbirds Over Wanaka Easter Tour was! The rave reviews on TripAdvisor are coming in, and we're trending on Facebook! Well, not quite but you know what I mean, it was really successful with over 15 bikes on the tour. We were very sad that our intended editor from Australian Road Rider was unable to join us at the last minute, so we've been let down with a decent write up. We're already taking bookings for our Omaka Classic Fighters Tour for Easter 2017. Are you interested in Aircraft or Classic Vehicles of any description? We listened to our clients and next season our Easter tour is going to incorporate VIP Platinum tickets for the Show in addition to awesome activities like helicoptering over the glaciers, whale-watching, aircraft museum entries, jet-boating etc.
As opposed to last month, we now have garages full of motorcycles ready for servicing throughout our winter months, ready for yet another fabulous season of motorcycling. But wait, it's not over yet! We still have quite a few lucky motorcyclists on the road and we're experiencing glorious autumn weather. Mike is currently 'out and about' on a famil venture, and riding the upper half of the south island (he just can't get enough), on our brand new BMW K1600GTL. Although many of us here on the team are Triumph and Harley-Davidson nuts, we must admit that this BMW is a beauty! Neil, our Ops Manager has a headache - with less bikes on the road he's been tasked with more mundane office rolls - awwwww! David, our Workshop Wizard, is living up to his reputation and starting to miraculously turn well-seasoned machines back into tip-top condition. Hayley, back-office Itineraries Manager, is flat out in the Graphics department and block booking hotels for our fully guided tours next season. It's going to be our best year yet I can just feel it! Our Tour Guides, Mike included, are all champing at the bit to become Lead for next years tours ....
As you know we continually strive to improve. JUNE's blog is going to be just awesome as we have some fabulous surprises in store for those clients thinking of Riding New Zealand and Living the Dream with South Pacific Motorcycle Tours. - Happy Riding everyone and keep the shiny side up ;)" - Carole, Owner SPMT
If you're thinking of touring in Europe whilst it's winter down here in the Southern Hemisphere, give these guys a call. The tours are aimed at people bringing their own bikes but they can hook you up with rentals too! Bruce & Simon have a wealth of experience on all types of bikes, we're certain that any tour with them will be a great experience all round.
"We have garages full of suitcases instead of bikes! We are enjoying a fabulous high season and have a full order book until April, with a few gaps here and there. Thank you to all our amazing clients who have given us their recommendations. Word of mouth is so important and a high percentage of our custom now comes from 'a good word'. Where has the season gone?! The mornings are starting off a bit cooler now, and a few leaves have started to fall, but it's still gorgeous by midday. Come on guys, don't wait until Spring - Autumn is the perfect time for motorcycle touring in NZ! We're now operating all year round, so if you're not keen on riding the alps in the middle of winter, start from Auckland and ride the 'winterless north'. With the support of our awesome North Island Agents, Carbon Garage, it's all possible.
Get ready for lots of new bikes - RTs, S1000XRs and 700GSs to name but a few! "
Look forward to seeing you here in beautiful NZ soon" - Carole Lester
The Warbirds Over Wanaka Tour March 2016 is filling up fast, following dozens of enquiries after the superb spread in the Australian Road Rider Magazine. Thanks guys, can't wait for Easter to come round! Having said that though, there are still a few bikes available if you want to join our legendary 11 Day Southern Alps Fully Guided Tour or our 23 Day Twin Island Adventure Tour, both departing Christchurch 7th January 2016. If you have the time spare we can guarantee you the best time of your life, our guides will entertain you and guide you into Paradise every day.
1 October 2015 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - "South Pacific Motorcycle Tours is thrilled to announce a very special business relationship with the amazing Carbon Garage, Newmarket Auckland"
Experience the amazing Carbon Garage, Auckland, South Pacific's North Island agents! The Carbon Group sources the very best superbikes from around the globe. These precious jewels are carefully inspected before purchase, then pass through their modern workshop, where they are inspected and prepared for either their own private collection or their new owner. The owners of Carbon Group have a special affection for special motorcycles from the 80’s and 90’s and always have a selection of these rarities on display in our showrooms.
Carbon Garage is open Monday to Friday to drop off your motorcycle for servicing by specialist technicians, who will pay attention to every detail and recommend the very best care for your motorcycle.
Come in and enjoy a great coffee and delicious food in the Café, which has fresh pastries, sandwiches, soup and of course sweet treats. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available for customers to use so you can extend your stay and enjoy the atmosphere.
Our November 11 Day Southern Alps tour is now fully booked and we have enquiries flooding in for our January and March tours. If you have been thinking about joining any of our fully guided tours, we advise you book now to avoid disappointment.
For details on all of our fully guided tours CLICK HERE
EMAIL US TODAY
MORE AWARDS! - WE’RE EVEN FAMOUS IN HOLLYWOOD!
SPMT has now been instrumental in creating award winning short films!
Lisa & Michael Austin, from Texas, are one of our returning VIP clients. Whilst on tour with us last year, Michael created a special video of the tour. His Video, "Allegories in the Garage: Persistence of Memory", was nominated for the International Shorts Film Festival a while back and guess what?
It WON it's category of short documentary! So we’re now expecting Tom Cruise and a bunch of "Hollywood" types to start contacting us very soon!
If you’re interested in seeing the film CLICK HERE
to see our own very special New Zealand Motorcycle Tour Channel!
Lisa & Michael are returning to New Zealand again this season for more amazing motorcycling adventures with South Pacific Motorcycle Tours that will surely zzcapture the hearts of many readers. We welcome them back and we welcome YOU to Ride New Zealand ....... and
Live the Dream!
Carole and Mike